A.P. Private Dental Un-aided Minority Professional Institutions (Admission into Post Graduate Dental Courses) Rules, 2017
Published vide Notification No. (G.O. Ms. No.71, Health, Medical & Family Welfare (C1) Department, dated 3rd May, 2017 and Published in the A.P. Gazette (Extra ordinary), dated May 8, 2017)
(i) "Act" means the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission and Prohibition of Capitation Fee) Act, 1983 (A.P. Act No.5 of 1983)
(ii) "Competent Authority" means the Vice-Chancellor, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
(iii) "Committee for Admissions" means the Committee nominated by the Competent Authority to select and make allotment of candidates to Competent Authority Seats in Professional Institutions offering P.G. Dental Courses in the State for Admissions in accordance with the rules laid down.
(iv) "Common Entrance Test" means, National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET-MDS) which will be the basis for admission of the candidates into the Post Graduate Courses concerned in various Un-aided Minority Professional Institutions in the State.
(v) "Competent Authority Seats" means the seats earmarked from out of the sanctioned intake of seats in each course and in each college to be filled by the Committee for Admissions.
(vi) "Management Seats" means the seats earmarked from out of the sanctioned intake of seats in each course to be filled in such manner as may be prescribed by the Government or by the Committee of Admissions constituted by the Government.
(vii) "Inspecting Authority" means the Authority appointed by the Competent Authority for inspecting and scrutinizing the Admissions of the candidates made in the Unaided Minority Professional Institutions.
(viii) "Institutions" means, unless otherwise specifically mentioned, all the Unaided Minority Professional Institutions imparting Professional Education in Dental Courses.
(ix) "Qualified Candidate" in respect of seats to be filled by the 'Competent Authority' means the candidate who has appeared for the NEET-MDS for Post Graduate Course admission and has been assigned ranking in the Common Merit List.
(x) "Qualifying examination" means the examination of the minimum qualification prescribed which entitles one to seek admission into the relevant Professional Post Graduate Course.
(xi) "Minority Candidate" means the applicant belonging to the concerned minority religion same as the status of the institution.Words and expressions used but not defined in these rules shall have the same meaning as assigned to them in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission and Prohibition of Capitation Fee) Act, 1983 (Act No. 5 of 1983) unless otherwise defined by the Government in Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department or by the competent authority. Seat Sharing and Admissions:
(i) Tine Un-aided Minority Professional Institutions, imparting studies in Post Graduate Education in Medical and Dental Sciences Courses in their respective Institutions, would make available 50% of intake of their seats course wise out of the total intake available, in each Minority Institution, to the Government's PG Admission Cell for counselling and allocation of seats to the concerned minority candidates; based on merit; as per ranking to be determined/assigned by the competent authority based on National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET-MDS), and as per Rules framed for the purpose.
(ii) The seat matrix regarding the Convener and Management quota seats in each speciality' in each Minority Dental College shall be prepared by the University every year before counselling and any additional seats permitted by the DCI and the University will be included in the counselling process.
(iii) If there is only one seat available in the speciality, the seat will go to Management quota for the year 2017-18 and Convener quota in the year 2018-19. The allotment will be alternated in the subsequent years.
(iv) Similarly, if there are 3 seats, one seat for Convener quota and one seat for Management quota will be allotted and the 3rd seat will go to Management quota in the year 2017-18 and Convener quota in the year 2018-19. The allotment of third seat will be alternated in the subsequent years.
(v) If in a speciality one seat in degree and one seat in Diploma are available, the degree seat will be for Management and Diploma seat will be for Convener quota and it will be vice-versa in the next year between the Management and Convener quota following the this year's sequence.
(vi) The unfilled.seats after final phase of counselling for competent authority seats shall be surrendered to Management of respective colleges. If a candidate allotted a seat after final counselling of the Convener quota fails to join the course in a private college, that seat can be filled by the Management of respective institutions with eligible candidates.
(vii) The 50% of the sanctioned intake of the seats (Management quota) of the Minority Institutions shall be filled by Admission/Counselling Committee under the categories listed hereunder with the eligible candidates on the basis of inter se merit among the applicants qualified in NEET-MDS.
a. Management Quota- Subcategory 1: 25% of the sanctioned intake of seats, course wise, in each of the institutions shall be filled by the candidates in General Merit based on the NEET ranking through counselling conducted by Admission/Counselling Committee.
b. Management Quota-Sub-category 2: 15% seats out of total intake capacity, course wise, in each institutions shall be filled by foreign students/NRI/NRI sponsored candidates on the basis of inter se merit among the applicants qualified in NEET, through counselling conducted by Admission/ Counselling Committee.
c. Management Quota-Sub-category 3: 10% seats out of total intake capacity, course wise, in each of the institutions shall be Institutional preference/In-service management quota seats filled on the basis of inter se merit among the applicants qualified in NEET, through counselling conducted by Admission/Counselling Committee.
(viii) On non-availability of candidates in any of the categories in vii(a), (b) or (c), they can be filled by the Management of respective minority institutions from any other eligible candidates as prescribed by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India and the fee shall be on par with these category of students admitted under vii-c).
(ix) The Minority Institutions shall admit Minority Candidates in atleast 70% of the total seats in order to retain the status of a Minority College.
(x) In view of the institutions being Minority Institutions, the State Government exempt the Minority Institutions from the provision of reservation for either SCs, STs or other backward classes separately in admissions except for the concerned minority candidates.Procedure for Grant of Admissions into PG (Dental) Courses under the Management Quota Seats:
1. The State Government shall constitute a committee consisting of three members i.e\one from the Government, one from University of Health Sciences and the other from representatives of Minority institutions for the purpose of Counselling/Admission to Minority7 Dental Colleges. The member representative of Minority college(s) shall be the Convener of the Counselling/Admission Committee. The entire procedure shall be done under overall supervision of Dr. NTR UHS, Vijayawada.
2. The Convenor, Admission/Counselling Committee shall issue notification in two National Newspapers, calling for application from NEET-MDS qualified candidates for admission to Management quota (Sub-category 1, 2 & 3) in PG Dental Courses mentioning the details in the website. The admission process and number of seats under Management quota shall be displayed in the website.
3. He shall invite Online or Offline Applications in the form prescribed by it, from the NEET-MDS eligible candidates for participating in Centralized Admission Process (CAP) for seeking admission to the courses to Management quota (Sub-category 1 and (Sub-category 2 & 3) separately.
4. He shall prepare a merit list from the eligible candidates who have applied to the Management Quota seats, online or offline, in the prescribed form for admission to Post Graduate Dental Courses on the basis of the marks at percentile in the NEET-MDS Examination.
5. The Convener, Admission/Counselling Committee shall notify the Venue, Date and Time of Counselling for each category of Management Quota Seats.
6. On the Day of Counselling the eligible candidates shall attend the Counselling in person with all the Original Certificates and the fee prescribed. The candidates will be called in the order of Merit for Counselling to Opt the Subject and College of his/her choice.
7. Counselling will be held separately for Management Quota-Sub-category 1 and Management Quota - Sub-category 2 & 3.
8. The selected candidate will be issued Provisional Selection Intimation with a direction to report to the concerned Principal within the date specified.
9. If a candidate opts a seat and fails to pay the fee at respective institution, the seat will be treated as vacant and will be filled in the 2nd Counselling.
10. If a selected candidate fails to report to the Principal within the stipulated time, the Selection and Admission of the candidate will be cancelled automatically and the seat will be filled in the 2nd Counselling.
11. The Certificates of the Candidates will be sent to the respective colleges after closure of admissions to Management quota seats.
12. The Convener, Admission/Counselling Committee shall notify the Venue, Date and Time of 2nd Counselling to fill-up the vacant seats if any, after 1st counselling.
13. The Admissions into Management Quota seats will be closed at the end of 2nd Counselling and the candidates who were admitted will be considered as the Bona side Candidates of the respective colleges. The Fee paid by the candidates and the Original Certificates will be sent to the respective colleges.
14. The College Fee shall be paid in the form of crossed demand draft in favour of the authority notified in the notification.
15. The Candidates shall pay prescribed Non-Re fund able Application Fee, Counselling Fee and University Fee.
16. The Candidates are bound by the Regulations to be made by the Association with regard to Admission, Cancellation and Withdrawal from the Course.
17. Grievance Redressal Committee shall be constituted composed of a Principal of a Dental College, one eminent person in public service and one member nominated by the University. Any grievance as to the determination of their merit and entitlement for admissions, cancellation of seats, refund of fees, return of documents, etc., the students or the colleges concerned must approach the Grievance Redressal Committee headed by a Principal of a Dental College and the decision of Grievance Redressal Committee shall be binding on both the Parties.
18. All the Minority institutions shall display their fee structure in the college notice board and College Website.
19. The college shall pay stipend to the PG students as per the DCI/A.P. State Regulations.