The Maharashtra Contingency Fund Act, 1956
Bombay Act No. 46 of 1956
For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see Bombay Government Gazette, 1956, Part 5, page 352.
[Received the assent of the Governor on the 24th day of November 1956; assent first published in the Bombay Government Gazette, Part IV, on the 24th day of November 1956.]
An Act to provide for the establishment and maintenance of a Contingency Fund in the [State of Maharashtra].
Whereas it is expedient to provide for the establishment and maintenance of a Contingency Fund in the [State of Maharashtra]
And Whereas the Legislature of the State, by clause (2) of Article 267 and clause (2) of Article 283 of the Constitution of India, has been empowered by law to establish and maintain such Fund; it is hereby enacted in the Seventh Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
1. Short title. - This Act may be called [the Maharashtra Contingency Fund Act].
2. Establishment of the [Contingency fund of Maharashtra]. - There shall be established a Contingency Fund in the nature of an imprest entitled the [Contingency Fund of the State of Maharashtra], into which shall be paid from and out of the Consolidated Fund of the [State of Maharashtra] [a sum of one hundred fifty crores of rupees].
3. Custody of the Contingency Fund and withdrawals therefrom. - The Contingency, Fund of the State shall be held on behalf of the Governor by the Secretary to the [Government of Maharashtra] in the Finance Department and no advances shall be made out of such Fund except for the purposes of meeting unforeseen expenditure pending authorisation of such expenditure by the State Legislature under appropriations made by law.
4. Power to make rules. - For the purposes of carrying out the objects of this Act, the State Government may make rules regulating all matters connected with or ancillary to the custody of, the payment of moneys into, and withdrawals of moneys from, the Contingency Fund of the state.
5. Repeals. - The Bombay Contingency Fund Act, 1950, and any law corresponding to the provisions of this Act in Force immediately before the 1st Day of November 1956 in any territory which after that date forms part of the new [State of Bombay] shall stand repealed.
Adapted and modified by the Maharashtra Adaptation of Laws (State and Concurrent Subjects) Order, 1960.
Amended by Maharashtra 30 of 1961.
Amended by Maharashtra 58 of 1975 (30-8- 1975)
Amended by Maharashtra 30 of 1976 (17-4-1976)
Amended by Maharashtra 16 of 1977 (14-2-1977)
Amended by Maharashtra 6 of 1978 (21-5-1978)
Amended by Maharashtra 5 of 1979 (31-3-1979)
Amended by Maharashtra 4 of 1980 (26-11-1979)
Amended by Maharashtra 15 of 1980.
Amended by Maharashtra 21 of 1981.
Amended by Maharashtra 8 of 1990 (1-4-1990)