The Hyderabad Agricultural Improvement Fund Act, 1952
(No. 45 of 1952)
Published in the Gazette, Extraordinary No. (196), dated 24th December, 1952.
An Act to provide for the establishment of the Agricultural Improvement Fund for the State of Hyderabad.
Preamble. - Whereas it is expedient to establish a Fund for the State of Hyderabad for the purpose of agricultural improvements;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Hyderabad Agricultural Improvement Fund Act, 1952.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Establishment of the Agricultural Improvement Fund of the State of Hyderabad. - There shall be established a Fund in the nature of an impress entitled the Agricultural Improvement Fund of the State of Hyderabad into which shall be paid, from and out of the consolidated Fund of the State such moneys as may be collected from time to time, by way of licence fees under clause 8 of the Foodgrains (Licensing and Procurement) Order, 1952.
3. Custody of the Agricultural Improvement Fund and withdrawals therefrom. - (1) The Agricultural Improvement Fund of the State of Hyderabad shall be held on behalf of the Rajpramukh by the Secretary to the Government of Hyderabad in the Department of Finance.
(2) No advances shall be made out of such Fund except for the purpose of meeting such expenditure as may be prescribed by rules made under this Act and without the authorisation of the Minister in charge of Agriculture who shall be assisted by a Committee consisting of the Secretary in charge of Agriculture, the Secretary in charge of the Finance Department, the Director of Agriculture and three members of the Hyderabad Legislative Assembly nominated by the Government.
4. Power to make rules. - For the purpose of carrying out the objects of this Act, the State Government may make rules regulating all matters connected with or ancillary to the custody of the payment of moneys into and the withdrawals of moneys from the Agricultural Improvement Fund of the State of Hyderabad.