Delegation of Powers Rules
Published vide Notification No. G. O. Ms. No. 4850, Revenue, dated 26th November 1960 - SRO No. A-708 of 1960
Original rules published in Part V, page 680 of the Fort St. George Gazette, dated 21st December 1960.
G. O. Ms. No. 4850, Revenue, dated 26th November 1960 - SRO No. A-708 of 1960. - In exercise of the powers conferred by section 116 read with sub-section (2) and section 13 and sub-section (3) of section 14 of the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Act, 1959 (Tamil Nadu Act 22 of 1959), the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. These rules may be called the Delegation of Powers Rules.
2. Delegation of the Commissioner's powers and duties to a [Joint Commissioner or a Deputy Commissioner] under section 13(2) or an Assistant Commissioner under section 14(3) shall be made in writing.
3. The Commissioner shall have power to vary or cancel an order of delegation and such an order shall be made in writing.
4. An order delegating the powers and duties of the Commissioner to a [Joint or a Deputy Commissioner] or an Assistant Commissioner or modifying or cancelling the delegation, shall be published in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette and in the District Gazette in the language or languages of the district or districts concerned and by affixture on the notice boards of the offices of the Commissioner, Joint or Deputy Commissioners and the Assistant Commissioners.
5. The Commissioner, while delegating any of his powers shall expressly reserve to himself the right of exercising the powers vested in him under sections 21 and 22 over the orders passed by a Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner or an Assistant Commissioner under the delegated powers.